Ah, the Spice Girls. So many memories. So many nostalgic, sparkly memories.
Everyone had their favourite Spice Girl, but you can’t argue that Melanie Chisholm – a.k.a. Mel C or Sporty Spice – was one bad-arse chick. Here’s a dozen reasons why we loved her.
1. She was all about Girl Power.
2. She was straight-up kick-arse.
3. She had attitude.
4. She sung the best lyrics.
“Slow it down, read the signs, so you KNOOOW just where you’re GOOIING.”
5. And had the best voice.
“THAAANK YOU VERY MUCH. THAAANK YOU VERY MUCH.”
6. She was just a little bit competitive.
8. Backflips everywhere . . .
9. She wore training gear wherever and whenever she wanted.
10. And she showed you don’t have to dress a certain way to be feminine.
11. She taught a generation of girls to look after themselves and play sport for fun.
12. And she is still just as awesome.
– ELENA WEWER
Image credit: Icon Entertainment International, Virgin, NBC.